The global high potency active pharmaceutical ingredients (HPAPI) market was valued at USD 16 billion in 2020 and is projected to grow at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 9.1% during the forecast period.
A recent report by Reports and Data suggests that the global HPAPI market will experience significant growth from 2021 to 2027, driven by the increasing trend of outsourcing HPAPI manufacturing and a robust pipeline of targeted therapeutic drugs. However, the market growth is expected to face challenges due to the concentration of technical expertise in a few major players and the absence of universal regulatory policies and standards.
HPAPI has gained considerable popularity, particularly in oncological research, as scientists and researchers continuously strive to find effective treatments for cancer. Despite their high toxicity, HPAPIs possess properties that make them valuable in combating the disease.
The toxic nature of HPAPIs poses significant challenges and necessitates substantial investments in specialized containment facilities to ensure the safety of employees. Building and maintaining these facilities is costly, and contract manufacturers often need to invest heavily in dedicated HPAPI manufacturing facilities in addition to standard Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP) production facilities. In some cases, these investments can amount to millions of dollars. Moreover, manufacturers may also have to develop specialized facilities for HPAPI-antibody conjugations, which require both biologics processing and potent-compound handling capabilities. For instance, in October 2015, ADC Biotechnology (UK) invested USD 10 million to establish a production facility for advanced anti-cancer drugs. These substantial investment requirements are likely to hinder the growth of the HPAPI market.
Get a sample of the report @ https://www.reportsanddata.com/download-free-sample/563
There are a lot of major companies in the market for HPAPI. However, most of them hail from the APAC region. Owing to this, the APAC region has the biggest contribution in the region. The top three participants that hold a major share in this market include Eli Lily, Novartis, and Bristol-Myers Squibb Company. Other players include Roche Diagnostics Limited, Sano Aventis, Hospira Inc., BASF AG, Covidien Plc, Boehringer Ingelheim GmbH, Merck Co., Inc., Sigma Aldrich Corporation, Bayer AG, Carbogen Amcis AG, Lonza, and Teva Pharmaceuticals Industries Ltd.
To know more about the report @ https://www.reportsanddata.com/report-detail/high-potency-active-pharmaceutical-ingredients-hpapi-market
The high potency active pharmaceutical ingredients (HPAPI) market is driven by several factors:
- Growing preference for outsourcing: There is an increasing trend among pharmaceutical companies to outsource the manufacturing of HPAPI. Outsourcing allows companies to leverage specialized expertise and infrastructure, reduce costs, and focus on core competencies.
- Rich pipeline of targeted therapeutic drugs: The development of targeted therapeutic drugs, particularly in areas such as oncology, has fueled the demand for HPAPI. These drugs require high potency ingredients to effectively target specific disease pathways, leading to increased demand for HPAPI.
- Popularity in oncological research: HPAPI has gained prominence in oncological research due to its potential in developing effective treatments for cancer. Researchers and scientists continue to explore HPAPI's properties and capabilities in battling the disease, driving its demand in the market.
The high potency active pharmaceutical ingredients market faces certain restraints:
- Concentration of technical expertise: The technical expertise required for the development and manufacturing of HPAPI is concentrated in a few major players. This concentration can limit competition and hinder the market's overall growth.
- Lack of universal regulatory policies and standards: The absence of universal regulatory policies and standards specific to HPAPI poses a challenge. Varying regulations across different regions and countries can create complexities and increase compliance costs for manufacturers.
- High cost of specialized containment facilities: HPAPIs are highly toxic, requiring specialized containment facilities to ensure the safety of employees and prevent exposure. Building and maintaining these facilities require significant investments, adding to the overall costs of HPAPI manufacturing.
- Need for specialized manufacturing facilities: Manufacturing HPAPI often requires dedicated facilities separate from standard production facilities. Establishing these specialized facilities involves substantial investments, including infrastructure, equipment, and expertise, which can act as a barrier to entry for new players in the market.
Request a customization of the report @ https://www.reportsanddata.com/request-customization-form/563
Top of Form
Top of Form
Reports and Data is a market research and consulting company that provides syndicated research reports, customized research reports, and consulting services. Our solutions purely focus on your purpose to locate, target and analyze consumer behavior shifts across demographics, across industries and help client’s make a smarter business decision. We offer market intelligence studies ensuring relevant and fact-based research across a multiple industries including Healthcare, Technology, Chemicals, Power and Energy. We consistently update our research offerings to ensure our clients are aware about the latest trends existent in the market.
Head of Business Development
Direct Line: +1-212-710-1370
Reports and Data | Web: www.reportsanddata.com
Check our upcoming research reports @ https://www.reportsanddata.com/upcoming-reports
Visit our blog for more industry updates @ https://www.reportsanddata.com/blogs